Getting a MapRoulette dataset (.json, perhaps) just right can be challenging,
at least it was for me after I got the knack of these.  For a while, I
struggled with some "around" syntax in OT to garden my data more nicely.  Even
before that, the "rough cut" I started with bore a lot of fruit (it was
passenger railway platforms, in my case).  I'm not sure exactly how many got
entered, it was in the hundreds and likely low thousands.  While there are
still plenty of platforms in North America which need to be added, there are
enough to get a functional national network going (well, there were plenty of
other activities by many others, too!).  Many hands DO make light work; OSM is
a great example of that.

Keep mapping, Happy mapping!