Andy, thank you for those excellent instructions.  I've had an off-list
conversation about these "honey-traps" (or whatever you might call a
sociological spoof, a "social hack") and it is good when we have our wits about
us and are wary to click on email links (and other "loose places" where we
might compromise security) by cute people with tasty-looking pectoral muscles
or polka-dot bikinis.

Or both.

Glad to see the DWG "raises an eyebrow of suspicion" when we mortals on the
ground "raise an eyebrow of suspicion."  It's good.

Careful out there,
SteveA

> On Aug 29, 2021, at 1:38 AM, Andy Townsend <ajt1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've had a few of these as well (different names to the ones mentioned). In
> the one example that I got to before the user was deleted, the profile had a
> link that claimed to be to a porn site.
>
> If anyone sees any of these, the best thing to do is to click the "report
> user" button in the user profile and report it as spam.  The admins tend to
> delete them fairly quickly.
>
> If "there is no user with that name" then it means that someone else has
> reported the user already and they have already been deleted.  I believe that
> (or the user renaming their own username) is the only way that a user can
> appear as not existing.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Andy
<remainder redacted for brevity>