On 18/09/2021 14:05, Adam Horan wrote:
I think I've tried to contact this user before.

Yes you did:

http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-discussion-comments?uid=11210886

For info, to see who you've commented on the changesets of, go to "My Edits", click on a changeset, click on "changeset xml" at the bottom of the screen, note the "uid" that appears, and create a URL like http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-discussion-comments?uid=61942&commented that includes that "uid".

Similarly, to see who has commented on a user's changesets use a URL like http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/osm-discussion-comments?uid=61942 .

However when I wanted to contact them it was for the opposite problem, they were putting bicycle=yes on paths that didn't allow cycling. I have only ever seen changeset comments of 'updates' ,

They've now specifically been asked about that in https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/111016252 , so they do now definitely know that it is an issue.  Sometimes it might also help to mention https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Good_changeset_comments to explain things a bit more.

Best Regards,

Andy