I might be wrong, but from reading the metadata of the derived dataset, I think
the base dataset basically only has parcels, but not forestry specific
information attached to that, while the derived dataset uses the parcels and
then adds forestry specific information to them.

From: Little Maps <mapslit...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, 18 October 2021 20:26
To: Brendan Barnes <brenbar...@gmail.com>; OSM Australian Talk List
<talk-au@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [talk-au] Source material.

Brendan, the original (i.e. pre-derived) VMPROP.PARCEL_CROWN_APPROVED file is
also available at:

http://services.land.vic.gov.au/SpatialDatamart/dataSearchViewMetadata.html?anzlicId=ANZVI0803004688

<http://services.land.vic.gov.au/SpatialDatamart/dataSearchViewMetadata.html?anzlicId=ANZVI0803004688&extractionProviderId=1>
 &extractionProviderId=1

Hence, if there were to be any issues in using the derived file, the original
file could still be used (if permission has been granted). I imagine that it is
a much bigger file and contain lots of other info. The SF boundary data should
be the same in both presumably. Cheers Ian

On 18 Oct 2021, at 7:38 pm, Brendan Barnes <brenbar...@gmail.com