Hi folks, for everyone interested in OpenStreetMap's fantastic road data…
I've just posted a series of blogs about unsealed roads in Victoria. I've
pitched it at cyclists rather than mappers to widen the audience, but you
should still find lots of interest I hope.

https://little-maps.com/2022/01/12/the-great-vic-gravel-route-exploring-victoria-on-unsealed-roads/

It starts with the question, how far can you ride across Victoria without
hitting a paved road? Then displays Victoria's major 'gravel zones', and
plots the route that crosses Victoria from west to east which contains the
shortest possible distance of paved roads. It's very circuitous.

A series of supplementary posts expand on the main theme and describe how
the maps and routes were made. I hope you find it interesting. Best wishes
Ian