Hi Graeme,

I'm not sure about a tutorial however, once you click 'create
multipolygon', a new relation should appear in the section on the right (if
you can't see a box for relations you can select Windows at the top of the
screen and make sure that relations is checked). From there you can select
your new multipolygon in the list of relations and edit/add tags with the
pencil+paper icon. At the top section of the popup box you can add tags and
at the bottom section you can re-order the members or add roles.

Cheers,
Luke