Hello list,

Cleanup has been steadily progressing for Australian OSM Wiki pages.

* New Project Pages have been created (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australian_Projects)., * The Australia page has a new look, and outdated information has been removed (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australia). * The multiple data sources and imagery pages have been merged into a unified data sources page (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australian_Data_Sources). * A new community page has been created, with links to social channels and archived pages from years gone by(https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australian_Mapping_Community).
        * A new set of navigation templates have been created.
* More changes: see https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Diacritic/Au_Clean/Log for more details

I'm now approaching the "pointy" end of the cleanup - the Tagging Guidelines page. This monster page is one of the longest guideline page on the wiki, and following the precedent of the United Kingdom guidelines the page will be divided into several subpages.

The first of these subpages is ready for community endorsement: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Australian_Tagging_Guidelines/Australia%27s_First_Peoples. I have tried my best to update the wording of the relevant sections while keeping the intent and advice within consistent with the original while removing outdated information.

Please, review this page and let me know your thoughts and feedback. If there are no objections, the old text from the guidelines will be removed.

Dian