Unnamed Roads should use "noname=yes" and not "noname=*". That's probably what you intended, but may not be obvious to someone encountering the noname tag for the first time.

Fixed, thanks.

Should we talk about pipestems in driveways, given recent discussions on this list?

Yeah, I'm happy to add pipestem details; did we settle on service=pipestem?

We should discourage the vague surface values of "paved" and "unpaved", instead using more specific tags like asphalt and compacted. Can we replace the example with something more specific than "surface=unpaved"?

surface=gravel has it's own problems given the common use in Australia is different to the wiki description. I'm not sure the best way to address this.

I agree with you that we would want to encourage a more accurate tag. From what I could see on the wiki and in overpass queries, there is a lot of confusion about the surface tag. I would definitely welcome this list revisiting the discussion, but I didn't feel confident changing what was already there.

Dian

On 2022-04-18 07:10, Kim Oldfield via Talk-au wrote:

Hi Dian,

Some questions and comments.

Are all toll roads highway=motorway? All the ones I know in Victoria are. If so, we should add tollways to the description of highway=motorway

"Construction and maintenance of paved roads in profoundly remote areas is both practical and uneconomical"

Should that be "impractical"?

We should discourage the vague surface values of "paved" and "unpaved", instead using more specific tags like asphalt and compacted. Can we replace the example with something more specific than "surface=unpaved"?

surface=gravel has it's own problems given the common use in Australia is different to the wiki description. I'm not sure the best way to address this.

Should we talk about pipestems in driveways, given recent discussions on this list?

Unnamed Roads should use "noname=yes" and not "noname=*". That's probably what you intended, but may not be obvious to someone encountering the noname tag for the first time.

Regards,
Kim