Hi Mappers!

Some of you may recall me from my WSP Missing Maps Mapathon days which I've
moved on to more grass-roots activities in Jinibara Country. I'm currently
completing a United Nations Fellowship where I'm looking at organising a local
initiative in relation to SDG 11.5 and community resiliency (particularly on
topic with all the flooding events up here recently!) where I thought holding a
Mapathon would be an engaging way to raise community awareness.

I've had a chat with Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT) who are keen to look
at putting up a project which I have the following questions:

  *   HOT will require a project host organisation which typically would be a
local OSM Chapter
     *   We've identified that OSM Oceania isn't currently on their list
     *   Is this something we could look into?
  *   Has anyone else in this group been involved in any disaster
management/community resiliency/risk reduction initiatives?
     *   I'm also working at my local neighbourhood centre where we're
developing a community disaster management network and handbook so keen to hear
thoughts
  *   Anyone else based in the Blackall Range/Sunshine Coast/Brisbane/Noosa
region interested if I were to set something up?

Thanks!

Ritva Vilppola BBSc, GCertUrbDes

Urban Systems Strategy and Design
UDAL | UNAA | UN SDSN Youth Fellow | UQ Future Leader

r.m.vilpp...@outlook.com
+61 475 073 524
LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/ritvamaria-vilppola>
QLD, Australia