I'm not saying it should, but it could:  somebody sees both usefulness to
specify and usefulness to tag (heavily implying serious usefulness to "seeing
the bigger picture of data" after they are entered and become geospatial) and
makes a proposal that craftily "gathers" silos together into one of many
flavors (what are we at, 19 different types?) of OSM's relations.  (A
relation's type=* key).  I might imagine type=collection could be a good start,
then those sort themselves into various agricultural "divisions" or so...and
then somebody starts a thread on the tagging mail-list about "silo groups" (I'm
simply making that up in a fantasy) and people begin to back-channel a
proposal, which gets traffic on its Talk (Discussion) page and might get voted
on and Approved... and used in the real world / real map as "sane, well
specified, harmonious, agreed upon with a certain amount of consensus..." and
so on.

How very OSM that would be.

At this point in time, I'll say "rather nice as entered" (as a little cluster
of silos) and whoever wants to dream of mapping silos in some fancy fashion
certainly could.  And might someday.  Bean Growers Australia, I wave from
California!

Such a wonderful plastic map...uh, I mean database, we have here.