On 10/2/23 12:30, Andrew Harvey wrote:
Hi legal-questions,

I'm forwarding this interesting question about the OSMF Terms of Use preventing anyone from obtaining OSM data for emergency services use. This is in direct conflict with the ODBL terms which contain no such restriction, and also include a limitation of liability clause. Surely other emergency services organisations are using OSM data without issue.

I too think it is a legal cop out for liability.

I think there are some emergency services in Europe using OSM data already .. so if I am correct then it is possible (as it should be in a reasonable world).

See https://www.openstreetmap.us/2021/06/map-for-emergency/