I think including a "slash" character in a name tag is really ugly.  That's
not the way that the GNB record them.  Unless someone can find some
information on the ground that records it that way?

I understand the desire to not diminish either name when they are dual
named, but I think it's wrong to think of alt_name as a "lesser" name.
Alternative means just that, it's an equally valid, but alternative name.
It's looks like exactly the type of scenario envisioned by the tag.

IMO it's a bad outcome to end up with multiple names in one tag separated
by a slash.

Ian.