On 1/10/23 18:25, Bob Cameron wrote:

To be honest Graeme I look at key services specific to my need. Kind of like a weighted value that only applies to me. The use of a macro label hamlet, village, town are kind of too open ended. Population does roughly track with services so I tend to use that asĀ  rough start, but never a decision.

I would actually rate the local mobile phone signal/bandwidth as the most important service. <grin>

The problem is how to define what is most useful for the end data consumer that doesn't want to line up the details for comparison. How does one define "most useful" that suits most? (This having been mentioned in prior posts)

Bob

Most useful to most, most of the time? Pubs? Source of refreshments and information. Maybe there should be a tag for pub population?

Windorah has one. Is the blind fellow still serving in the petrol station?

Only one Pub in Stonehenge .. Queensland. The one in Tassie is a farm .. no pubs etc.

Today medical services are scares. Might even have to list the regular RFDS visits as being useful to some. Easier to find wielders .. the bigger outback stations have them, oil/gas fields have mobile ones.

I did have to look up Birdun Northern Territory, most of the others I've either been to or been past at some time. Somewhere I have a tee shirt from Rabbit Flat (no longer there) and Giles (no longer allowed to sell them)...