On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 20:26:36 +0200, Pieren wrote
http://www.ngi.be/NL/NL1-5-4.shtm (site
> > currently down) -- and I don't think we'd be able to use it for OSM even if
> > we'd buy it.
>
> Ok, thanks for the reply. Our contact at the french ministry said
> that opening the licence for Corine (for free and commercial reuse)
>  is also discussed at the european level. But so far, only two countries
> changed their licence.
>
> > Will there be a way to also get the polygons which weren't uploaded because
> > they would overlap already existing polygons? Since CLC is likely more
> > accurate than the polygons there are now near the French border.
>
> Yes, at the moment, we prepare one big osm file for the import of non
> overlapping polygones. The others are also in several .osm files
> sorted by categories (forest, water, landuse, etc) but we still don't
> know exactly how we will make them available for manual consolidations
> (ideally a wms server).

Hello,

It would be very interesting to see our European geographic data, which were
collected with public money, freed for public usage !

Juste retour des choses...

Regards,

Alain

> regards
> Pieren

---
Dr Alain EMPAIN, Bioinformatics, Bryology
  National Botanic Garden of Belgium            alain.emp...@br.fgov.be
  University of Liège, GIGA +1, Alma-in-silico  alain.emp...@ulg.ac.be
  Rue des Martyrs, 11 B-4550 Nandrin
Mobile: +32 497 701764  HOME:+32 85 512341   ULG: +32 4 3664157