Hi all.

Is there a guidline or has there been a discussion about the use of
'planned' routes or routes under construction?

On some places in Belgium these kind of 'roads' show up on the map. For
example in Antwerpen the 'lange wapper' trace has been mapped.

In my opinion 'planned' roads once were usefull on 'printed maps' as you
probably might use them till the roads were actually there. I do not think
mapping them makes much sense on an 'electronic' map. In fact if all planned
roads would be mapped a lot of the Belgian map would look completely
different, and it is a long way from planning to actually constructing.
Often the last never happens.

I think mapping 'planned roads' just makes the map less usefull.

Roads 'under construction' might be usefull however. Since the 'under
construction' means that probably all connecting roads are/will be changing.
Once roads are under construction usualy they allso get finished - unless
construction stops with a bridge in the middle of nowhere -

Luc / Speedy