Op 18/05/2011 09:50, Luc Van den Troost schreef:

I now have an official letter stating the permission and signed by the mayor. I also added the link to the map here [1] (please correct if this is not the right place for this).

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Belgium/Mapping_resources

You mention
'an e-mail conversation with a GIS-coördinator'

That makes it possibly more interesting than just the autorisation from 'schepencollege'. Most of the data displayed on the map are gestured by the Flemish government I guess (gis-vlaanderen). If the local GIS-coordinator talked the way up (meaning in GIS-terms, not in local politics terms) it might be a break-trough for the official geo-data in the whole flemish area, as it is all kept within the same framework... If gis-vlaanderen agreed on the beveren-data, they probably should agree on the whole flemish area.

Well, I don't know if the GIS-coordinator talked the way up (probably not). In his initial response, he said to discuss this with the legal department ("juridische dienst"). I hope they are fully aware of the consequences of the permission.

I might contact the GIS-coordinator again (in person) and ask him more about the source of this data and the things you mentioned. In the mean time, if someone needs this permisson to convince other authorities, I can always send a copy on request.

Regards,
Silas