2012/8/29 Ben Laenen <benlae...@gmail.com>

> On Wednesday 29 August 2012 14:08:10 Sander Deryckere wrote:
> > Don't all roads with access rules have specific signs to clarify the
> rules.
> > I would think that the combination
> >
> > access=destination
> > bicycle=yes
> > foot=yes
> > horse=yes
> > agricultural=yes
> >

> > would be enough.
>
> That's the problem: it isn't enough. access=destination (used for C3 with
> exception for "plaatselijk verkeer") will allow all horse drivers and all
> cyclists for example, whether they have their destination on that road or
> not.
> But if the F99 sign has no bicycle or horse on these signs, then cyclists
> and
> horse drivers can only enter the street if they do have their destination
> there...
>
> These tags above can give an idea to most current routers, and we're far
> away
> from routers implementing country specific rules, and one would have to
> find
> some exotic examples where this really makes a difference (and I'm pretty
> sure
> some people have a reaction of "who cares about those details" as a
> result).
> But that shouldn't stop us from tagging these roads in a way that we can
> deduct the exact signage of that road in future once we have the tools that
> make use of them.
>

> > If you really want to denote it's because one of those
> > specific signs, maybe adding a "designation=reserved" would be good.
> > Together with the access tags, it can be determined for who it is
> reserved.
>
> We do need a method to discern between F99a/F99b and F99c though, as the
> rules
> are slightly different. Would the addition of agricultural=yes be enough,
> and
> would the meaning of designation=reserved be clear enough to mappers?

I remember highway=unclassified to be very unclear to me, but since we use
it, it became more clear.

designation=reserved means a F99* plate.

The other access values tell you what is on it.

An other option would be to introduce the value "designated" in Belgium,
like most other countries have. So a F99a would translate to

access=destination
horse=designated
foot=designated
bicycle=designated
designation=reserved

and a C3 with exception for local traffic translates to

access=destination
horse=yes
foot=yes
bicycle=yes

And a nature reserve plate would translate to

access=private
foot=designated
towing_dogs=designated
designation=nature_reserve

That way, when we have some xxx=designated, we know a designation=* tag is
missing. It looks quite complete and clear to me. I wouldn't like to
include all values inside the designation=* tag like you did with
"designation=road_reserved_
for_agricultural_vehicles_pedestrians_cyclists_and_horse_riders", as there
is a huge possibility to make mistakes, and the order of words isn't even
defined.

Regards,
Sander