On 2013-01-04 13:35, Julien Fastré wrote :
Hi,

The guy split a outer-way into two parts, convert one parts to a road, and did not add the old part to the multipolygon. So, this was not closed any more.
That's what must happen when one uses the same way for different kinds of objects.
A change to one of the object destroys the other object unintentionally.
Either carelessly or by ignorance.
This should be explained to newer taggers.
That's why I carefully detached administrative boundaries from the Meuse in that neighborhood.

The same kind of problems often occur with landuse.
I often make corrections to roads that are 10 to 50 m off course, and even more.
And I find that landuse often attach to everything they can.
Even when crossing a road at 90° will some landuses have a dot in common with the road.
Consequently, when one segment of the road is moved to the correct place, the whole landuse moves too.
Well, I'd prefer not to have to cope with landuse too when I'm correcting roads.
In theory, if they attach landuse to a road, they want the landuse moved with the road, don't they.
But in doing so, the other attached roads at the other far away side move too.
In practice, I detach the whole landuse from everything.

Could this landuse supergluing please stop?
Could their taggers be called back to correct their mistakes?

Cordialement,

André.