I think anyone can remove them. Of course, it would be better to also
contact whoever added them, so they do not make the same "mistake" again.

Osmose seems to be "rather stupid", and decides that if x number of objects
has certain tag combinations, all objects that have one of the tags, should
also have the others. It does not verify if the tag is appropriate for the
object (node, way, relation). But it is still a valuable tool.

So feel free to remove the route=bicycle if you have the time

regards