While mapping my RWN walk near Hulshout / Westmeerbeek I noticed that there
were 2 cycleways next to one another, running from north to south:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.063594818115234&lon=4.8265814781188965&zoom=16

One was simply mapped as highway=cycleway, the other had more tags and was
also part of an RCN relation. Further investigation showed that the former
used to be a railway=abandoned, but was changed to a cycleway in December
2012.

The ways are pretty long, running from Herentals to Leuven. The abandoned
railroad way has ID 116738269.

I decided to reverse that way to railway=abandoned, but I'm not happy with
it. It shows to parallel lines on a map (I know, don't tag for the
renderer), but wouldn't it be better to add the railway=abandoned to the
cycleway. ?

Similar situation here:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.06616973876953&lon=4.476719498634338&zoom=17

and here
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.1060394346714&lon=4.379757642745972&zoom=17
in this case I wonder how you can see it, no remains are left.

So why two lines for an abandoned railway and the cycleway/footway on it ?
Can't they be combined ?