On 2013-09-17 01:02, André Pirard wrote:
On 2013-09-16 11:52, Glenn Plas wrote :
If you want to be serious about this then a new topic should be initiated by sending a new mail instead of a reply with a new subject. Every decent mailclient out there -usually- does not use the subject to 'thread' mails. instead it uses certain fields in the mail headers. I noticed that mail-man (the mailing list handler of THIS list) does not seem to add those headers (in fact, they seem to be removed from outgoing mails, I cannot find those fields like below).
You're right, my main gripe is against the mailing list software mailman itself because it does not allow HTML. It does archive a HTML version of the archive but when you look at it on the server you see HTML code. By "allow HTML", I mean "simple HTML": text style, lists, tables etc, not eccentric showy stuff.
I've sent an e-mail to mailman about this and they replied

  * that we, technical people, do not need HTML because we don't use
    it much.

I think you misunderstood my mail. At the very bottom of that partly quoted mail I stated : Never use HTML mail. I am very much against using html in mails. I believe HTML belongs on a website, not a mail. I prefer plain-text.. Sorry :)

Glenn