Hello,

Here are a few comments about the future of OSM-BE.

It is a fact that during our 3 October 2013 meeting, we were a bit short of
time to discuss the creation of an OSM-BE association.

An OSM-BE association under the umbrella of another vzw/asbl does not mean
that we do not have to organise ourselves as a de facto association with
statutes, members, an annual general meeting, an executive committee, etc.

Just the registration at the Moniteur belge/Belgisch Staatsblad (and the
consequential costs of it) may not be necessary. But the association has to
operate according to her statutes.

The executive committee will have tasks like:

   - designation of his representative to the umbrella organisation
   - designation of responsible persons for:
      - public relations,
      - external relations with other OSM organisations
      - treasury/membership administration,
      - sponsors management,
      - Web site,
      - printed matters preparation (such as leaflets, banners),
      - translations,
      - propaganda techniques, buzz creation, map parties
      - regional representations (people who are the reference persons for
      all regions/towns in Belgium)
   - organisation of regular meetings according to a six months calendar at
   various places in Belgium including the annual general meeting

We must not forget people:

   - not IT-friendly,
   - who do not speak/understand English
   - not sensitive to the open data aspects but only interested in
   geographic data

King regards,

Pierre Parmentier