On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 11:07:38AM +0100, Ben Abelshausen wrote:
> Hi Kurt,
>
> Your tool may come in handy when generating diffs because it has a
> database. I deliberately did not use a database because it can be a lot of
> work to set this up and I believe the AGIV CRAB data should be usable by
> anyone.

It shouldn't be that hard to set it up with a database.  And I
need the database for the other things I want to do with it.

> The interface here is translated: http://addr.openstreetmap.fr/vlaanderen/
>
> I just send the csv files to frédéric rodrigo and he uploads them and
> creates relations etc. If you can send me a new file that would be great
> when the issue I had have been solved:
>
> - Improve the script to handle 'special' chars.
> - Improve the script to Always take the most accurate position.
> - Improve the script to remove data with an end-date before today.
>
> But if i followed your explanation this should all be ok no? Thanks for the
> good work. Oh and can you keep the format I used?
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/w0nglkunw4x2osk/crab.csv
>
> Dot-comma seperated and the same columns? This will make it easier for
> frederic to update.

I assume your first problem is that the CRAB database is in latin1
and maybe you want it in UTF-8?  I can at least not see problems
with non-ASCII chars.

But I do believe it should deal properly with the rest.

I've put a file with the same header on:
http://www.roeckx.be/osm/crab.csv

I've made that file in UTF-8.  I hope that is what's expected.

Kurt