You can rename the gmapsupp.img to e.g. belgium.img and then you can place
multiple maps on your device. Depends on the age of the device, but it
works for a Dakota 10.
I don't remember whether I downloaded the img-files from garmin... or
extract...
On the Dutch forum there was some discussion that routing might fail when 2
img-files contain the same tiles from garmin.openstreetmap.org (France and
Netherlands both contain a tile for Ghent).

regards