What's wrong with the "official" irc channel via oftc? You can find the
international community, the hot community and an osm related dev channels
on the same server.

It's also easily accessible for everyone (just go to
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.oftc.net/osm-be and choose a username). The
only problem with it, is that it's currently a bit dead.

So I'm mostly chatting on the international #osm channel rather than the
#osm-be channel for now.

In any way, I agree that chat is a way to quickly get some short answers to
questions, so it's certainly worth to try to get more people on the chat
(through whatever channel).

Here's the wiki list of all "official" chat rooms:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/IRC

Regards,
Sander