Thank you Pieter!

People sometimes ask me: why add all these route relations to
Openstreetmap, when De Lijn already has them as shape files?

For one thing, De Lijn cannot share them with us.

A good example is the following:

http://www.overpass-api.de/api/sketch-line?ref=91&network=DLOV&style=wuppertal

If you click through to one of the other lines, change the url so it has
&style=wuppertal once again at the end. I asked Roland if it wouldn't be
possible to keep using the same style, when clicking through.

Another example is a map I rendered where I'm combining the PT network
(pink on the background), the walking nodes network (orange) and the route
I wanted to talk about:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a2/Pad_van_Ad_op_OSM.png

Only, say 10 years ago, creating such a map would have been an impossible
endeavour. It's important for the explanation on this site:

https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Ad%27s_Path

To be able to show where the bus stops are and the walking node numbers are
used in the directions, but not exactly used the way they were meant to be
used... only to help point people in the right direction, instead of
following them from node to node.

Jo