You should include the correct admin_level in the query

A region has an admin_level=4, a province has admin_level=6, an
arrondissement has admin_level=7, a municipality has an admin_level=8, a
part-municipality or city district has admin_level=9 (note that
part-municipalities aren't mapped everywhere, since there's no current data
about it).

I know it can be confusing with provinces and cities having the same name
(it happens even more often with arrondissements and cities), but this is
about the only solution (else you start losing a lot of rendering space, or
have to add a bazilllion of other tags for all different languages).

Regards,
Sander