And, should you be using the addon NoScript, you also have to make an
exception in its Application Boundaries Enforcer module (ABE):

Go to the NoScript options, then to the tab "Advanced", subtab "ABE",
"SYSTEM" ruleset.
If you haven't edited those already, they should look like this:

# Prevent Internet sites from requesting LAN resources.
Site LOCAL
Accept from LOCAL
Deny

Add these two lines after "Accept from LOCAL":
Accept from https://openstreetmap.org/
Accept from https://www.openstreetmap.org/

In combination with the certificate trick, you should then be good to go.

Ruben