> Hello,
>

> I am total noob in OSM, but here are a couple of issues that I spotted
> after exporting municipalities from OSM:
>
> 1. relation 3364845 seems to be a duplicate of the relation 1245629 for
>    Aken.
>
> The first one is the postal code boundary, the second one is the
administrative boundary. Postal codes often match with administrative
boundaries, but not always. That's why, in the past, we added postal code
information to administrative boundaries, but we later realised that it's
better to have their own boundary type, so we can catch the special cases.

> 2. the generic name for relation 2416075 is "grod" instead of "Olne".
>    FYI, "grod" is town in Polish.

This is indeed a mistake (someone accidentally changed the name 2 weeks
ago). You can correct it if you want.

> There are a few subtler issues, but just for those two: who can fix
> and what's the best way of making the fix?

When working with boundary relations, the best editor is JOSM. So you
install JOSM, download a part of the boundary of Olne, then search for the
boundary relation in the relation list, and edit the name. We can give more
info if it's needed (but you should best tell what you already know).

> P.S. I used the following Overpass API query to extract municipalities:
>
>     [out:json];
>     area["name:en"="Belgium"]["admin_level"=2]->.a;
>     rel["admin_level"=8](area.a);
>     out geom;
>

> --
> Alexander Mikhailian