> OK, Thanks for your answers.
>
> I understand that some of you consider postal code as redundant
> information in Belgium. Maybe it is... but I'm not 100% convinced ;-)
> When I use OSM as a database with Overpass Turbo, I like to receive postal
> code as a variable and display it without having to calculate it (maybe
> there's another way to do this ?).
>
> Overpass turbo can limit a query to an area (and thus to a postal code),
and it can also query the areas a certain position belongs to (and return
the postal code). If you want to split info by postal code (f.e. for
statistical purposes), you'll indeed need a script. But with a separate
postal_code extract, and a geographic library, it shouldn't be too hard.

> Whatever, I think I'll focus on something more useful for the community,
> like finding automatically incorrect streetnames (in Brussels, I often find
> streetnames only in french or dutch in node or ways attributes, or
> misspellings). I'll work on this and prepare a special page for these
> findings...

Yes, there are still problems in Brussels with streetnames. See
http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=addresses&lon=4.35285&lat=50.84048&zoom=14&overlays=no_addr_street,street_not_found,interpolation_errors
for basic address checks (addr:street matching the name tag).

Not only with language order, but also with small words (de, du, ...) that
need to be checked locally. Also see the discussion about language
facilities, where the number of name:nl and name:fr tagged streets is
embarrassingly low.

Regards,
Sander