On 2016-09-27 11:43, Marc Gemis wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> op 1/1/2017 daalt de snelheid op Vlaamse gewestwegen van 90 naar 70.
> Normaal gezien zullen we die wegen (zonder expliciete borden) dan
> moeten taggen met
>
> maxspeed=70
> source:maxspeed=??:rural
>
> maar wat komt er op de plaats van de vraagtekens ? Volgens [1] staat
> daar de landcode, maar het geldt enkel voor Vlaanderen.
> Ik zou tegen dan de BENELUX presets willen aanpassen.

> English:
>
> On 1/1/2017 the maxspeeds on Flemish roads is lowered to 70. We should
> map those roads (without signs) with
>
> maxspeed=70
> source:maxpseed=??:rural
>
> Which "country" code should I use in the BENELUX plugin ? See [1] for
> the syntax of maxspeed.
Note to "foreigners" (as Americans would call you):
Belgium is made of Flanders and Wallonia: Flanders steps down to 70 km/h
default while Wallonia stays at 90.

I don't think that default values like maxspeed=*,  driving_side=*, or
even oneway=no should be tagged on highways.
Most roads (in Belgium and in the world) don't contain any, BTW, and it
makes no sense using a few.
A default values specification should be used instead.
Those tags should be contained in the highest level administrative
boundary relation or equivalent in which they apply.
maxspeed=70 should apply to Flanders and maxspeed=90 to Wallonia.
Please note this (fuzzy again) sentence about driving_side=* : "Only add
it to a highway when it's driving side is an exception to the general
rule (and check that the general rule is tagged in your country
relation)." (they mean "its" driving side).
Which relation?  It's certainly not tagged in the Belgian boundary
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/52411> and not even in the
duplicate place <http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1684793666>.
So, a default value procedure is badly needed but is not implemented and
when a hacked fuzzy lookalike is documented, it is not used.

Cheers

André.