Answer from maps.me support:

The issue can happen only if you tap add language while editing a place, scroll list of languages to the bottom and select "Native for each country", then you should enter the name, leave other name fields as is and tap save. We plan to adjust the behavior in one of our future releases, so the duplicate names will be send only if user add them manually. When the behavior will be finalized, we'll think about its description in FAQ.