Hi,

There is an interesting thread going on in the talk mailing list:

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2017-March/077672.html

It started of with some complaining about vandalism, but it got interesting
when Thomas Straupis started explaining how they work in Lithaunia.
Basically, ALL changesets are validated. But changesets by "known mappers"
are automatically approved, and some changesets are highlighted because
they are marked by other tools as "suspicious".
(this is the same Thomas I interviewed recently about their dataconflation
strategies: http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/diary/40605)

With Zors already checking all new mappers' changesets using the welcome
tool (thank you!), it might be interesting to see if we can expand on that
here too.

Here's some practical stuff from his e-mail:

> Is your process documented anywhere and is the code available?

  There is a "help" page, but it is in Lithuanian... Maybe google
translate can help:
  http://patrulis.openmap.lt/pagalba.html

  Code (php+postgresql) is very basic and dirty (i'm not a web
developer) and I didn't have time to put it on github yet (planning to
do that for a year or so...). But code is also full of Lithuanian
comments and names...

  If somebody wants to have a look at it - I can share/send the code
and give any information required in English.

P.S. This patrolling stuff is integrated with QA tools (fetching a
list of errors from keepright, osmose as well as doing local error
checking) and data synchronisation tools. So "all in one" solution.
You get a list of unapproved changes, a list of not yet fixed errors
and a status of synchronisation of different items.

--
Joost Schouppe
OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/> |