3 possible solutions:

* area around the 4 buildings, tagged with shop=* and all the other
tags for the shop
* site-relation, although that should only be used in case the object
consists of non-adjacent areas
* multi-polygon, although that one should be used primarily for donuts
like features. JOSM will probably complain when you add 4 adjacent
outer rings.

So I guess that the first solution is the only one that really works
in this situation.

regards