Pierre,
This is incredible, we should try this in different places too. How exactly
did you manage to get a dozen people to show up for a thing like this?

If they are serious about mapping, JOSM is of course the better choice to
teach them. But if you have the feeling they might just edit occasionally,
I think it would definitely be worthwhile to show them around in iD too.
Especially if they might map at work, only just needing to install

Did you show them how to automatically keep their umap up to date? I find
this easier to do in MapContrib btw - a very simple example:
https://www.mapcontrib.xyz/t/3d3aa1-Wildlife_crossing_map
(though umap is working on an easier interface to add overpass layers)

Op di 27 nov. 2018 om 22:40 schreef Pierre Parmentier <
pierrecparment...@gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> The two planned training sessions on the contribution to OSM took place at
> EPN (Espace public numérique) in Arlon on 6 and 27 November 2018 from 9.00
> to 16.00 h.
>
> A dozen people attended each of them. They came from very different
> horizons, from places in the province sometimes far from Arlon, and
> included members of the Sentiers de Grande Randonnée ASBL as well as
> officials of a tourism organization in the area.
>
> We approached the edition with JOSM mainly. The various menus and some
> plugins were examined. Participants created an account and some nodes and
> ways were added to OSM. The GPX file creation with Graphhopper and overpass
> turbo and their import into uMap were also shown.
>
> Some participants have already set to work on their side, mainly in the
> localities of Aubange and Athus, in the province of Luxembourg.
>
> But the others, perhaps more shy, were interested in consolidating their
> knowledge and it was agreed with the EPN Arlon that a monthly OSM workshop
> would take place from January 2019.
>
> I hope this will help OSM grow in this part of the country.
>
> Pierre Parmentier

Joost Schouppe
OpenStreetMap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/> |
Twitter <https://twitter.com/joostjakob> | LinkedIn