Hello Maarten,

Indeed, I'm the one maintaining https://tile.openstreetmap.be/
And indeed, it hasn't been updated since a few months now.

I've put that tileserver online for the use of the company I work for (SPRL
GEO-6 BVBA) and I convinced my boss to make it publicly available and make it
the official OSMBE tileserver (thus the copyright referencing GEO-6).

The update process is indeed not fully automated : I need to start a powerful
server to run the database update and then the tiles update (in 3 versions :
`name` + `name:fr` + `name:nl`) and the whole process takes a whole day to
complete.
The update is not live because we (GEO-6) decided not to invest such a "big"
amount of money in a server that could handle a live (or at least regular)
automated update (and the current tilserver is still one of the biggest -
meaning more expensive - server we manage and pay for).
Unfortunately, those last few months have been quite busy and I didn't have (or
at least didn't take) the time to run the update.

So, yes, the service *will stay online* and we are not planning to discontinue
it !
The update is a "best-effort" update and I'll try to update it as regularly as
possible (but without any guarantee).

That being said, I'm also investigating some other solutions for the OSMBE
tileserver to simplify the update but didn't find any suitable solution so far
(adding vector tiles is also part of my research).

Any suggestion or proposal of help is more than welcome !

Have a nice evening.

Jonathan Beliën
OpenStreetMap Belgium