Hello,

I see no difference between contributing to OpenStreetMap via JOSM and
iD or StreetComplete.
Mapping a house, street, waste bin, etc. will not break any privacy.
We do not map the names of the inhabitants of a house. Mapping items
from someone's garden based on aerial imagery might be on the
borderline of what is allowed. However, I do map sheds, ponds and
swimming pools.

Taking pictures of people is not a problem, it's what you do with them
afterwards that is important. If you use the image yourself and map
the things you see on them from your PC, it doesn't matter that there
are people.
If you post the image on a public website (as you do via
StreetComplete), you have to make sure that there are no people or
that their faces are blurred (e.g. uploading to Mapillary is OK I
think).

Of course, you cannot enter private grounds.