Hi Andreas

you contributions are most welcome and who knows perhaps someday you turn
your "wanderlust" into a nice trip to Brazil, in particular to visit the
beautiful beaches in the region of Alcobaça and to sample some of the
excellent food there.

Since you are using JOSM, you may have noticed in the imagery tab two
additional layers, one called "IBGE mapa de setores rurais"  which give you
access to an overview of rural areas. It is most useful to gathering names
of localities and rivers, although it can sometimes be confusing as there
are also generic indications such as "Campo" and the like which simply
means "field" or indicate the type of agriculture. The other one is "IBGE
mapa de setores urbanos" which is useful to collect street names, even
though the alignment is often poor. If you use them simply add IBGE to the
source tag.

have a lot of fun

Gerald

On 8 September 2014 18:17, Andreas Schmidt <schmidt-postf...@freenet.de>
wrote:

>  Hello Gerald,
>
> thanks for your reply.
>
> Well, in the area where I live, most streets and amenities are fully
> mapped.
> So I started looking around for places with lower rate of coverage.
>
> I hit Brazil when I read news about robbery at Samsung's factory in
> Campinas.
> I was surprised that OSM did not cover this factory when I looked it up on
> OSM.
> So I started to map Campinas.
>
> Last week I realised, that some more main roads and rivers are not mapped.
> So I started somewhere (what I call the „nose“ of South America) in the
> area of Alcobaça.
> Then I continued westwards and I have a lot fun mapping the rivers which
> look very pretty because they are so natural.
> Sometimes I sit and watch Brazil's aerial imagery or map and I feel
> "wanderlust".
>
> kind regards,
> Andreas
>

> Am 08.09.2014 um 22:42 schrieb Gerald Weber:
>
> Hi Andreas
>
>  welcome to OSM Brasil. Feel free to write in English, a lot of us in
> this list will understand and reply.
>
>  Any particular reason for your interest in those cities?
>
>  best wishes
>
>  Gerald

>> Olá talk-br,
>>
>> Infelizmente eu não falam Português. Falo Inglês e Alemão. Agora eu uso
>> o Google Translator. Olá João, você me escreveu em talk-de. Você disse,
>> eu posso falar para br Relatório em Inglês ou Alemão.
>> Eu vivo no norte da Alemanha e estou muito poucos anos no OSM. Eu uso
>> JOSM e meu computador está funcionando com Linux Mint. Por cerca de uma
>> semana que estou trabalhando no mapa da área Alcobaça, Jucuruçu e Santo
>> Antônio do Jacinto.
>>
>> cumprimentos
>> Andreas

Dr. Gerald Weber

gwebe...@gmail.com

Personal website <https://sites.google.com/site/geraldweberufmg/>

ResearchGate Profile <https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Gerald_Weber2>

 Departamento de Física/Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais

Department of Physics/Federal University of Minas Gerais

Campus da Pampulha

Av. Antônio Carlos, 6627, 31270-901 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil

mobile: +55-(0)31-96462277