On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Richard Degelder <rtdegel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a process to include the NID, in an
> appropriate manner, with the import data that was derived from GeoBase?

In Steve's upload, we have a UUID with each element. I believe that is the NID.

geobase:uuid f722391f5b5d4eb1877a24fd69365ff8

> And has there been any considerations as to how to add the NID
> attributes to those ways already within OSM?

That, I'm not sure how to handle, especially when the OSM nodes and
ways won't match up with the GeoBase nodes and ways. How would you
match them when there may be 3 OSM nodes and only 2 GeoBase nodes, or
more likely 6 GeoBase ways making up a roadway that is defined by only
one OSM way.

James
VE6SRV