My import of road data in Alberta is getting into areas that seem to have
some local mappers (versus much of northern Alberta that seemed pretty
sparse)

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.498&lon=-116.498&zoom=10&layers=B000FTFT

isn't a bad link for seeing some of what I've imported.  Jasper, Hinton and
Edson are some examples of communities that were already well mapped
and the import has expanded on.

You can view the NRN roads excluded(left out) of the import at
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng40oxg4ztx  (this can be opened in JOSM). I am
hoping some mappers will integrate some of the roads that were excluded and
start connecting the previous OSM ways with the imported roads (where
required).  I am hoping the excluded file makes this process easier than it
was for Fort McMurray.

Also if anyone is familiar with the Jasper area I'm kind of curious what
this
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.84602&lon=-118.07543&zoom=15&layers=B000FTFT

is? If you know the answer feel free to add the proper tag.

Steve