Hi all,
It's now looking more like a real script :-)
I have a sample area: Ucluelet, BC
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=48.9417&lon=-125.5467&zoom=14&layers=B000FTTT

http://sites.google.com/a/acrosscanadatrails.com/www/Home/canvec2osm_v0_22.zip

http://sites.google.com/a/acrosscanadatrails.com/www/Home/osmcanvec_092c13_shpuclueletBC.zip

http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/geobase:acrosscanadatrails/diary

Where i am uploading only those .osm files that i know for sure that
its OK to load.
What i am doing is posting the list of known bugs, and slowely working
through them.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Canvec2osm#Bug_Reports

Please help by posting on the comments; your ideas and feedback. :-)

I'm using the 'geobase:acrosscanadatrails' login when uploading the data.

I'm using the OSM journal log, after each session so updating everyone
that way im not filling up the talk-ca list so much & people can
comment directly on the message.
But of course, ill still update this list for the big stuff. :-)

Cheers,
Sam Vekemans
Across Canada Trails

P.S. You'll notice that the roads & contour features have now been
omited, so the script doesn't convert these features. If anyone would
like them back and in an 'extra' folder as was before, just ask :)
.... and BTW, I think the talk-us list would be interested in also
following along in the discussions on trying to fix that
address:housenumber problem as well as progress on the AutoMatch
scripting. .. AFAIK There has been more work on the shp2osm.py script
so that should be of help ... for the areas that don't need to be
matched.

PPS. If anyone can help build a java program to add onto the
shp-2-osm.jar script which will deal with duplicate nodes.. it would
be helpful (im currently prying my way through learning python. .. as
it might turn out that using a python script would be better than my
current method.

Happy Easter Bunny Day!