On Wed, 2009-06-10 at 14:51 -0400, si...@mungewell.org wrote:
> What's the current thinking on this?
>
> It seems that various geobase imports have created a load of short ways
> with unconnected nodes (multiple nodes at same point), I spent a couple of
> hours 'merging' nodes in Okotoks, AB so that at least these ways are
> connected.
>
> Do people recommend joining the short sections of a single road, or
> leaving them as individual ways between each junction?

Hi Simon,

The multiple nodes problem has been repaired in recent imports.  I heard
that Alberta had been cleaned-up for the multiple nodes, but you say
this is not the case.  Do you know how widespread the multiple nodes
are?

I'm leaning towards keeping the GeoBase short ways from junction to
junction, and joining them with relations where it seems sensible.

Best regards,
Richard