- Michael Barabanov arranged a host of electrons thusly: -
> Hmm, did I say "more authoritative"?  I thought it was something like
> "more consistent and topologically correct".

Hmm, musing on the issue of topology (and assuming I understand what you
mean by that term), it should be possible to write a program (or SQL
query) that produces, for a given area, a list of all intersections, the
names of the roads involved, and a lat/long pair.

Given that list you should then be able to search the OSM data (with a
certain amount of fuzz) to check the topology of OSM against that of
GeoBase.

How/whether to visualize or fix those inconsistencies is another
question entirely.

- Austin.

--
Build a man fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.