I find many problems where a main road going through a town/city from a
Yahoo/Other source is interfering with GeoBase data.
The GeoBase data is GOOD and more correct (from my tests).

examples of some problems (MANY others can be found all over)
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=43.73529&lon=-80.94734&zoom=15&layers=B000TTF
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=44.12968&lon=-81.15164&zoom=16&layers=B000TTF
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=44.15043&lon=-81.01918&zoom=15&layers=B000TTF

and here is a example of two roads where only one should be.. also some
strange T intersections:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=44.1248&lon=-81.4256&zoom=14&layers=B000FTF
many more....

my point is... I think my efforts in cleaning up the data is way to much
work.  what should be done in my area is start fresh with the clean GeoBase
data that has proper junctions so routing and other tools work correctly.

And one question...
on the example:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?lat=44.15098&lon=-81.02072&zoom=16
"Grey Rd 4" AKA "10th Street" seems to be causing the other streets not to
connect to the GeoBase (10th Street).. So if i went into edit mode and
deleted the "Grey Rd 4" the old source.  Would a script run next time OSM
updates and replace the missing data with the good GeoBase data and fix the
intersections?

Thanks and keep up the good work.