Hi,
using the bulk_import.pl would bipass josm. As since there is no
interferance this is the better alternate. (the main server will be
happier as josm isnt meant for big files) JOSM is fine for CanVec
because im importing bits and things and need to watch for things that
other people mapped.  For GeobaseNHN its usually only a few features
that would be omited, or replaced (but only after the OK from the
origional mapper)
Try 1 file at a time.

Where you able to fix that shp-to-osm.jar so that it makes smaller
files? I dont know if Ian fixed it yet.

And ya, ill fix that bug you pninted out B4.

Btw, great job so far.
I started a GoogleDocs spreadsheet did you get the link for it?

Cheers,
Sam

--
Twitter: @Acrosscanada