This is purely local and it does not impact any other parts of Canada.
 If you have been involved in creating the existing map and have input
please input it now.  I'm under the impression that locally so far
there is not a major community effort going on with map parties etc
which would be disrupted by this action.

The reasoning behind this proposal is the road data sampled so far
seems to be of dubious quality.  I've been talking to some residents
associations and people interested in heritage and they are interested
in what OSM can offer them, especially when involved in the planning
process.  However to be of most use the roads have to be in the
correct place.  They also have access to volunteers.

I've also been in communication with a group of people who are
interested in buses.  Some of which have created applications to work
with PDAs and other web enabled devices to see when the next bus is
due and which route to take.  Bus stop locations are important to them
and I think I can obtain their locations in the same way that they
have been imported recently in the UK.

I accept that just because Geobase data is from the government it does
not mean that is is 100% accurate but it is consistent.  Roads do
connect which is important when putting together routing information.

I suggest that if there is no local objection within 30 days that
implement this.

Cheerio John