Hi Sam,

Waiting for Nov. 21st isn't a problem. The idea I had to discuss the
conversion (both Geobase and Canvec) is still fresh, and we haven't set
a date yet, nor settled on the details. Since I have a bit of experience
with the Geobase conversion (with the new method to copy over data), and
especially with the cleaning up part, I want to share it. That way
others might benefit from it, and help us getting it all done. It would
also be a good occasion to discuss / demonstrate the Canvec import for
our region (roughly NTS tiles 021E and 021L). Michel has already thought
about this more.

Regarding the conversion script: which script are you talking about?
Earlier this week I mentioned I wanted to rewrite your batch files
(which call Ian's shp-to-osm) to Python, so they can be used on other
OS's, and hopefully they'll also be easier to maintain. That's all. I
haven't given other aspects much thought, before my e-mail this morning.
I won't be available as the maintainer for such a script for a number of
reasons, so I'll only do the "port" of your batch files. Hopefully this
is clear now.

By the way, instead of working on the Python-version of your batch
files, I imported some Geobase data. Just one sheet left, and I'll put
it on hold for a while (although that remains to be seen ;) ).

Frank