- Andrew MacKinnon arranged a host of electrons thusly: -
> The recently released City of Toronto aerial imagery is on the
> following WMS server:

[snip]

> Trouble is, it uses a projection called "NAD27" (found that with a bit
> of googling) and it shows up a few metres off in JOSM. Any way to fix
> this?

Lots of WMS servers will reproject data on the fly, if asked to do so.
The few that I played with would usually support a few popular ones.  I
can't remember the syntax that was used to request that (it was part of
the URL given to the WMS server).

Though, doing a bit of remembering (and reading), I think JOSM requests
that the data be returned in the projection it's currently using.  You
could check what it supports by requesting a URL like
http://map.toronto.ca/servlet/com.esri.wms.Esrimap?service=wms&request=getcapabilities&version=1.1.1
in your browser.  Be prepared to parse XML manually :(  Google earth (or
openjump, or similar) do useful things with those URLs, and might help
decode it.

hope that helps do more than just confuse people (and I hope I'm not
totally off-base, since I'm pretty new to all of this stuff)

- austin.

--
Build a man fire, he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.