On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 9:53 AM, James Ewen <ve6...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Adam Dunn <dunna...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I think it should be pointed out that vreimer hasn't made any edits since
> > the blocking, and this buggering up was done beforehand (Feb 13, 2010 to
> be
> > exact). I just think it's worth noting that this Lesser Slave Lake issue
> is
> > not about vreimer continuing to make poor editing decisions post-block.
> It
> > would be quite unfortunate if the blocking has scared vreimer off OSM
> > (rather than participating and learning); somebody who spends as much
> time
> > as him on OSM would be a good ally, with more mentorship.
>
> Yes, indeed... I should have stated more correctly:

maybe, we have a worse experience with a stubborn newbie not listening to
arguments but quite aggressively editing thing in his way

Now I've noticed that vreimer has caused a problem with Lesser Slave Lake...

> In an opensource project like OSM, many hands make light work, but
> those hands need to be adding to the quality of the product, not just
> quantity.
>
> I  am still amazed how little vandalism we see. over all osm is still going
well

> vreimer is indeed prolific, but at the same time seems to be
> introducing quite a bit of less than stellar quality information.
>
> It would be in everyone's best interest to steer this individual
> towards more helpful editing of the OSM data.

if possible yes, otherwise it's better to loose someone like that. all the
hassle can't be compensated by the little benefit.

> It just gets frustrating when you find data that was previously
> accurately representing the real world has been rendered less than
> perfect, and that almost all of these edits all have the same username
> associated with them.

that's why I did the revert. it was obvious bad edit and we all should work
on mapping instead fixing broken data.