On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Robert Shand <b...@shand.org.uk> wrote:

>> I would tend to agree with this, as I have spotted street view imagery
>> having been doctored.  I used to live on a one-way street, and the
>> imagery in Street View clearly showed the SV car travelling in the wrong
>> direction on the street.  I pointed this out to Google; they Photoshopped
>> the car out of the imagery for two blocks.

Also don't forget that Google Street View data is significantly out of
date, because most of it was captured in Summer 2009. Copying a large
quantity of outdated data from Google Street View would be a dead
giveaway if the street has changed since the photo was taken (e.g.
because of new businesses replacing old businesses, etc.)

Andrewpmk